Thursday, June 12, 2008

Laurie Chambliss and Joe Avalon, thanks for looking in



Laurie Chambliss and Joe Avalon run the great ACW site Civil War Interactive.

For a very long time they've been doing an exhaustive (and apparently exhausting) weekly roundup of a number of  Civil War blogs out there, including mine.

Laurie, I believe, was responsible for the prose which was always clear, concise, and very droll.
I'm sure that I'm not the only blogger who looked forward to, and read with relish, her weekly comments on all of our efforts.  

Do to many other worthy committments, CWI can no longer devote the time to this weekly roundup.  I know I will miss their humor and encouragement and I wish them the very best of luck with all of their endeavors including Civil War Interactive, an outstanding clearing house for Civil War information.

Laurie and Joe, thanks for noticing my blog and doing so much to direct other folks to it.  

Hope you find your pot of gold.

Mannie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Mannie, both of us sincerely thank you and all other bloggers. This isn't a decision we enjoyed making, but as you know we all do what we have to do. Your love of our history and your unbridled enthusiasm for passing it on was truly an inspiration, and will continue to be such. Best of luck my friend, and thank you for your very kind words.

Joe and Laurie